What is the most common type of pancreatic cancer?

The most common type of pancreatic cancer, accounting for 95 percent of diagnosed cases, is adenocarcinoma. This is a type of cancer in which the tumor forms in the part of the pancreas that makes substances involved in digestion. These tumors may also be called exocrine pancreatic tumors.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer

Why Is Pancreatic Cancer So Deadly?
Why Is Pancreatic Cancer So Deadly?
Pancreatic cancers, which arise in the pear-shaped gland behind the stomach, are rarely detected early, difficult to treat and often come back. Some 5...
What are the grades of Pancreatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia lesions?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
There are several grades of Pancreatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia (PanIN) lesions. As the grades ...
How can I reduce my risk of pancreatic cancer?
Dr. Kathleen Wolin, ScDDr. Kathleen Wolin, ScD
To reduce your risk of pancreatic cancer, you want to maintain a healthy weight, as well as a health...
What are my chances of survival from pancreatic cancer?
Oak Hill HospitalOak Hill Hospital
Pancreatic cancer has a high mortality rate so the outcomes aren't very good for someone diagnosed w...