What is the second-line treatment for pancreatic cancer?

There are few proven, effective second-line treatments that are available to us. Any time that we can look at newer therapies that are available, or new combinations of therapies that are available, I think that is the appropriate route to take. If I’m talking about chemotherapy, then it has to be for an individual who's going to be able to tolerate the treatment. We have to make sure that the side effects of chemotherapy aren’t going to be too great to warrant the potential benefit of the treatment.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Treatment

What are the treatment options for stage 3 pancreatic cancer?
The treatments for pancreatic cancer include those that remove the cancer, those that prevent the ca...
Are there alternative treatments for stage 4 pancreatic cancer?
Although alternative treatment options for cancer seem numerous, judging from advertisements on tele...
What is Onivyde?
Onivyde (irinotecan) is a strong medication intended for the treatment of advanced metastatic pancre...
How can radiation therapy treat pancreatic cancer?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Radiation therapy for the treatment of pancreatic cancer uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells....