What is the second-line treatment for pancreatic cancer?

There are few proven, effective second-line treatments that are available to us. Any time that we can look at newer therapies that are available, or new combinations of therapies that are available, I think that is the appropriate route to take. If I’m talking about chemotherapy, then it has to be for an individual who's going to be able to tolerate the treatment. We have to make sure that the side effects of chemotherapy aren’t going to be too great to warrant the potential benefit of the treatment.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Treatment

How successful are treatments for pancreatic cancer?
Yanghee Woo, MDYanghee Woo, MD
Unlike some other forms of cancer, pancreatic cancer is often detected only in advanced stages, maki...
Are there alternative treatments for stage 0 pancreatic cancer?
Although alternative treatment options for cancer seem numerous, none of these have been shown to ha...
What are the treatment options for stage 3 pancreatic cancer?
The treatments for pancreatic cancer include those that remove the cancer, those that prevent the ca...
Do all intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs) require surgery?
NorthShore University HealthSystemNorthShore University HealthSystem
The reality is that not all intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms, or IPNMs, are the same, an...