Foods to avoid soon after a pancreatic resection include:
- Fibrous meats: beef, pork, lamb, veal
- Raw fruits with skin: apples, pears, plums, peaches, cherries, etc.
- Raw berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- White rice (but brown rice is usually okay)
- Fresh citrus fruit (but pulp-free juices are usually okay)
- Nuts (but smooth nut butters are usually okay)
- Fresh bread
- Raw vegetables
- Carbonated beverages
If you are diabetic, you may need to adjust these suggestions to meet your dietary restrictions.