What should I ask before undergoing pancreatic cancer surgery?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
It is important to have an honest and candid conversation with your medical team about the risks and benefits of surgery, as well as what to expect after the operation. It can take several weeks to several months for patients to feel "normal" again after a pancreatic operation. Sometimes patients have to make significant changes to their diet and lifestyle after an operation and it is important to understand these consequences before undergoing surgery.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Treatment

What type of surgery is used to treat pancreatic cancer?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
The types of surgery used to treat pancreatic cancer include: Whipple procedure: the most common t...
How can my medical team help me cope with pancreatic cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
The medical team is also a significant part of a patient's support network. It is important for ...
What is the second-line treatment for pancreatic cancer?
NorthShore University HealthSystemNorthShore University HealthSystem
There are few proven, effective second-line treatments that are available to us. Any time that w...
How do I care for someone with stage 2 pancreatic cancer?
If someone in your care has stage 2 pancreatic cancer, you need to make sure that he or she follows ...