How can my medical team help me cope with pancreatic cancer?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
The medical team is also a significant part of a patient's support network. It is important for a patient to trust and be able to confide in members of his medical team. A patient should always feel comfortable discussing any aspect of his cancer with his medical team and to look for guidance on how to cope with new or chronic aspects of the disease.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Treatment

What are the risks of pancreatic surgery?
Fawcett Memorial HospitalFawcett Memorial Hospital
The risks of pancreatic surgery involve bleeding, nerve damage and diabetes.
How is pancreatic cancer treated?
Charles R. St Hill, MDCharles R. St Hill, MD
The most effective treatment for pancreatic cancer is surgery, says Charles St. Hill, MD, an oncolog...
What type of surgery is used to treat pancreatic cancer?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
The types of surgery used to treat pancreatic cancer include: Whipple procedure: the most common t...
When is a stent used to treat pancreatic cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
If the tumor is situated so that it blocks the common bile duct, pancreatic duct, or duodenum, i...