Is there a cure for pancreatic cancer?

If pancreatic cancer is diagnosed early enough that it can be removed through surgery, chances of eliminating the cancer are much higher. However, it is much more commonly diagnosed after it has become too large or spread too far to be removed completely through surgical means. Once the cancer has spread beyond the pancreas, it is often too late to remove it completely, and the focus of treatment becomes containing its spread.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Treatment

How do I choose a surgeon for pancreatic cancer treatment?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
While there have been significant improvements in pancreatic operations, these procedures remain com...
How will pancreatic surgery affect my stomach?
Dr. John A. ChabotDr. John A. Chabot
Anatomically, the pancreas lies just beneath the stomach. Surgical dissection and resection in this ...
Are there alternative treatments for pancreatitis?
There are no medically approved alternative treatments for pancreatitis. There may be alternative wa...
How can my medical team help me cope with pancreatic cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
The medical team is also a significant part of a patient's support network. It is important for ...