Why is weight loss a possible symptom of pancreatic cancer?

Weight loss due to pancreatic cancer can be caused by a lack of functional pancreatic enzymes, as discussed above under digestive difficulties. However, there are no distinguishing characteristics associated with pancreatic cancer when the weight loss is due to malignant cancer cells monopolizing the body's nutrients.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms

What are the symptoms of stage 0 pancreatic cancer?
The symptoms of pancreatic cancer often include jaundice, in which the skin and the whites of the ey...
Should I talk to my doctor about my pancreatic cancer symptoms?
Pancreatic cancer is a serious illness that requires a doctor's treatment, so you should see your do...
Should I talk to my doctor about my stage 4 pancreatic cancer symptoms?
Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is a serious illness requiring a doctor's treatment, so you should see you...
What Are the Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer?