What should I expect during an abdominal ultrasound for pancreatic cancer?

If you are undergoing an ultrasound test, you may be asked not to eat or drink for 6-8 hours prior to the test. This is to make sure that only your abdominal organs are imaged. Some people may find the gel cold to the touch.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis

What should I expect during a CT scan for pancreatic cancer?
Beth A. Schrope, MDBeth A. Schrope, MD
The computerized tomography (CT) scanner is shaped like a giant donut. The patient lies on a bed...
How does a biopsy help diagnose pancreatic cancer?
Beth A. Schrope, MDBeth A. Schrope, MD
If cancerous tissue is found, the shape, size, and arrangement of the cells may help your doctor det...
How is stage 1 pancreatic cancer diagnosed?
Your doctor may use a variety of tests to diagnose pancreatic cancer. An ultrasound, which uses soun...
How does endoscopic ultrasound diagnose pancreatic cancer?
Beth A. Schrope, MDBeth A. Schrope, MD
Endoscopic Ultrasound( EUS) involves passing a thin lighted tube, called an endoscope, through you...