Will I have to manage paint thinner poisoning on a daily basis?

You may have to manage the effects of paint thinner poisoning for up to several weeks, depending on the severity of the damage. With certain types of hydrocarbon exposure, lung damage may not occur and no treatment is needed. If problems with the lungs and airway do occur, they may resolve within a few days or up to six or seven weeks later. During this period, the victim may require oxygen therapy or specific treatments aimed at improving the respiratory system.

Continue Learning about Paint Thinner Poisoning

How does paint thinner poisoning affect the body?
The airways and lungs are especially vulnerable to paint thinner poisoning. An inhaled hydrocarbon c...
Is paint thinner poisoning serious?
Paint thinner poisoning can be very serious, depending on several factors. The severity varies accor...
What should I do if I suspect someone has paint thinner poisoning?
If you suspect that a child or anyone else has consumed or inhaled a hydrocarbon, call 1-800-222-122...
Does someone with paint thinner poisoning require hospitalization?
A person with paint thinner poisoning is generally examined in the emergency room, where the physici...