Is paint thinner poisoning serious?

Paint thinner poisoning can be very serious, depending on several factors. The severity varies according to the type of hydrocarbon that enters the body, the entry route, and the duration of exposure. For example, the refrigerant Freon is considered more toxic and more likely to cause harm in various body systems than gasoline. Inhaling a hydrocarbon is more dangerous than swallowing it because inhaling increases the risk of lung damage. Chronic exposure such as from habitual glue sniffing poses a greater risk of long-term serious health problems.

Continue Learning about Paint Thinner Poisoning

How do I care for someone following paint thinner poisoning?
Home care for someone with paint thinner poisoning may involve helping with treatments for lung infl...
Will I have to manage paint thinner poisoning on a daily basis?
You may have to manage the effects of paint thinner poisoning for up to several weeks, depending on ...
Is paint thinner poisoning preventable?
Paint thinner poisoning can be prevented in several ways. One way is to use caution. Store solutions...
Can a victim of paint thinner poisoning recover?
Some people with paint thinner poisoning never become ill, and some who require treatment for respir...