What should I do if I suspect someone has paint thinner poisoning?

If you suspect that a child or anyone else has consumed or inhaled a hydrocarbon, call 1-800-222-1222 right away, even if the person does not have symptoms. This number will connect you to the nearest poison center at any time, day or night. A specially trained person there will ask questions and explain what you should do. If the container of the suspected substance is labeled, have it nearby because the information will help the expert determine what to do, including whether to administer first aid.

Continue Learning about Paint Thinner Poisoning

How is paint thinner poisoning diagnosed?
The diagnosis of paint thinner poisoning is based on a history of exposure to a hydrocarbon, symptom...
Will I have to manage paint thinner poisoning on a daily basis?
You may have to manage the effects of paint thinner poisoning for up to several weeks, depending on ...
What are the treatment options for paint thinner poisoning?
If the type of hydrocarbon is not likely to cause damage throughout the body, emptying the victim's ...
What are the symptoms of paint thinner poisoning?
The symptoms of paint thinner poisoning can vary according to the type of toxic hydrocarbon that ent...