Will I be charged for anesthesia services?

Before you are put to sleep by an anesthesiologist, it's a very good idea before your surgery to confirm that the anesthesiologist is 'in network' with your insurance plan. Many patients have come to Guardian Nurses to ask for help dealing with hospital bills that they've gotten after their surgery. The bills claim that the anesthesia was delivered by an "out of network" provider. While the hospital and the surgeon may be "in network," occasionally, anesthesia groups are not yet contracted with the insurance provider and so, bills are sent separately to the patient.

Don't be caught sleeping! Confirm before your surgery or you'll be facing a headache afterward.

Like other medical specialists, the anesthesiologist will charge for professional services, and this fee will be separate from the surgeon's fee or the hospital's charges. The anesthesiologist's fee reflects the high level of professional care that the anesthesiologist provides for you during the hospital visit.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Foam Rolling: What’s With All the Hype?
Foam Rolling: What’s With All the Hype?
Go into any gym, physical therapist’s office or rehab center and you will probably find foam rollers stacked on the floor or hanging on a rack. Many e...
I have a sharp pain under my knee cap, what can I do to stop that?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best advice will be to see your physician or orthopedic. When you feel pain, you should stop exe...
Is it true that we don't manage pain very well?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Doctors and patients are becoming more knowledgeable about pain. But challenges like undertreatment,...
How to Treat Pain With Cold And Heat
How to Treat Pain With Cold And Heat