Will I be charged for anesthesia services?

Before you are put to sleep by an anesthesiologist, it's a very good idea before your surgery to confirm that the anesthesiologist is 'in network' with your insurance plan. Many patients have come to Guardian Nurses to ask for help dealing with hospital bills that they've gotten after their surgery. The bills claim that the anesthesia was delivered by an "out of network" provider. While the hospital and the surgeon may be "in network," occasionally, anesthesia groups are not yet contracted with the insurance provider and so, bills are sent separately to the patient.

Don't be caught sleeping! Confirm before your surgery or you'll be facing a headache afterward.

Like other medical specialists, the anesthesiologist will charge for professional services, and this fee will be separate from the surgeon's fee or the hospital's charges. The anesthesiologist's fee reflects the high level of professional care that the anesthesiologist provides for you during the hospital visit.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Natural Way to Soothe Postworkout Aches
Natural Way to Soothe Postworkout Aches
Take the "ouch" out of workouts by cooking with this spicy little root: ginger. A study shows that getting ample amounts of ginger every day could he...
I have a sharp pain under my knee cap, what can I do to stop that?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best advice will be to see your physician or orthopedic. When you feel pain, you should stop exe...
How can I use progressive muscle relaxation to relieve pain?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
I find that many women who suffer with chronic pain are unaware of the enormous amount of tension th...
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?