Who should monitor my recovery after anesthesia in a doctor's office?

According to the guidelines of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, all phases of anesthesia, including recovery, should be supervised by a physician. Many doctors' offices have experienced nurses to assist you in your recovery. Personnel with training in advanced resuscitation techniques should stay in the office until you are discharged.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

How to Manage Pain With NSAIDs Safely
How to Manage Pain With NSAIDs Safely
Approximately 39 million Americans suffer from migraines and headaches. On top of that, 100 million Americans live with chronic pain, so it’s no surpr...
How do over- the-counter medications relieve pain?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Over-the-counter medications are used for mild to moderate pain of arthritis, neck pain, back pa...
How can I relieve my foot pain?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
The first step is to obtain an accurate diagnosis. With a solid diagnosis in hand, appropriate t...
Get Natural Pain Relief With Ginger
Get Natural Pain Relief With Ginger