Who should monitor my recovery after anesthesia in a doctor's office?

According to the guidelines of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, all phases of anesthesia, including recovery, should be supervised by a physician. Many doctors' offices have experienced nurses to assist you in your recovery. Personnel with training in advanced resuscitation techniques should stay in the office until you are discharged.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

How to Manage Pain With NSAIDs Safely
How to Manage Pain With NSAIDs Safely
Approximately 39 million Americans suffer from migraines and headaches. On top of that, 100 million Americans live with chronic pain, so it’s no surpr...
Does TENS nerve stimulation help treat temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)?
John Van der Werff, DDSJohn Van der Werff, DDS
I have found it to be very helpful, especially if used in conjunction with acupuncture points utiliz...
When should I use hot and cold packs for treating pain?
Hot and cold packs are great tools for reducing pain, but you have to know how to use them prope...
How to Treat Pain With Cold And Heat
How to Treat Pain With Cold And Heat