Who should monitor my recovery after anesthesia in a doctor's office?

According to the guidelines of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, all phases of anesthesia, including recovery, should be supervised by a physician. Many doctors' offices have experienced nurses to assist you in your recovery. Personnel with training in advanced resuscitation techniques should stay in the office until you are discharged.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid addiction and overdose rates have reached epidemic levels, yet doctors still prescribe the drugs. Why? They work well to control pain, and in m...
I have a sharp pain under my knee cap, what can I do to stop that?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best advice will be to see your physician or orthopedic. When you feel pain, you should stop exe...
How is central pain syndrome from a stroke treated?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Central pain syndrome results from damage to sensory pathways caused by a stroke. The brain overcomp...
Eat More Salmon to Relieve Pain
Eat More Salmon to Relieve Pain