What are natural treatments for pain?

Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
A great natural treatment for pain is a form of cognitive therapy where you train yourself to think about pain differently. Watch oriental medicine expert Daniel Hsu, DAOM, discuss the benefits of qigong, meditation and yoga for chronic pain.

Magnesium-rich foods, a healthy diet and a regular exercise or physical therapy regimen are all good natural treatments for pain. Watch pain management expert Devi Nampiaparampil, MD, discuss these natural solutions for addressing chronic pain.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Pain, The Opioid Epidemic and How Health Care Has to Improve
Opioid addiction is a national epidemic—and so is chronic pain. Could there be a relationship? 1.  In 2015, 2 million Americans had a substance use d...
What will happen when I check in for my spinal injection?
North American Spine Society (NASS)North American Spine Society (NASS)
On the day of your spinal injection, you should arrive a little early to fill out any necessary pape...
How can visualization help me relieve chronic pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Most chronic pain is the result of years of poor movement habits -- habits that have taken on th...
How to Treat Pain With Cold And Heat
How to Treat Pain With Cold And Heat