What are the most common hip treatments?

Chronic hip pain is most often associated with a degeneration of the hip joint. Treatment for pain can range from specific exercise to correct muscular imbalances or more invasive treatment by a physician. Consultation with a physician is critical to determine appropriate treatment for individual patients and their pain.

The most common hip injury treatments are related to stretching, cortisone injections, physical therapy and rest.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Warning: Diclofenac Can Increase Risk of Heart Complications
Voltaren is a US brand name for a strong-armed NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) called diclofenac that’s recently been called out by Danis...
How can I relieve my foot pain?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
The first step is to obtain an accurate diagnosis. With a solid diagnosis in hand, appropriate t...
What should I consider before choosing a pain treatment center?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
There are many different forms of pain treatment and therapy, and one center may offer a service or ...
Should Opioids be Prescribed for All Types of Pain?