What is brain function monitoring?

Dr. Anita Gupta
Anesthesiology

Brain function monitors are machines that measure the very small waves of activity produced by the brain. They are designed to give physician anesthesiologists an additional method to assess their patient.  These machines are only one among many monitors, such as heart rate, blood pressure, and anesthetic gas monitors, that physician anesthesiologists use to assess depth of anesthesia.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before You Take an Opioid
When Alice (in Wonderland) spied a little glass box, “she opened it and found in it a very small cake, on which the words EAT ME were beautifully mark...
How can visualization help me relieve chronic pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Most chronic pain is the result of years of poor movement habits -- habits that have taken on th...
If I'm overweight, can losing weight help relieve pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Being overweight significantly affects certain types of pain, especially arthritis pain. In this vid...
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?