What is a spinal injection?

A spinal injection is a procedure in which your doctor injects medication into a specific area of your spine. It is used to either diagnose the source of your back pain or to reduce swelling and relieve your pain. The injection you will have depends on your symptoms, the location of your pain, and the goals of your treatment.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Warning: Diclofenac Can Increase Risk of Heart Complications
Voltaren is a US brand name for a strong-armed NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) called diclofenac that’s recently been called out by Danis...
I have a sharp pain under my knee cap, what can I do to stop that?
Pain under the knee cap can be caused by many different things. What I see most commonly is people h...
What type of pain medication will children need after orthopedic surgery?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children usually need pain medication after orthopedic surgery, but for a shorter period of time com...
Slam Your Thumb? Cross Your Arms to Ease the Pain