It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What is local anesthesia?
- Q How is regional anesthesia different from local anesthesia?
- Q What is epidural anesthesia?
- Q What are the risk factors for anesthesia awareness?
- Q What are the risks of spinal and epidural anesthesia?
- Q What are the different levels of sedation in anesthesia?