It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What are the risk factors for anesthesia awareness?
- Q What should I avoid after anesthesia?
- Q Will I be charged for anesthesia services?
- Q Who should monitor my recovery after anesthesia in a doctor's office?
- Q What is informed consent for local anesthesia?
- Q How does local anesthesia work?