It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What is local anesthesia?
- Q What type of anesthesia may be used during my labor and delivery?
- Q What kind of anesthesia might my child get in the hospital?
- Q What should I avoid after anesthesia?
- Q What are the risks of spinal and epidural anesthesia?
- Q What is regional anesthesia?