It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What are the different levels of sedation in anesthesia?
- Q What are the risk factors for anesthesia awareness?
- Q How safe is anesthesia for children?
- Q How do anesthesia drugs function?
- Q How does local anesthesia work?
- Q Is it safe to have anesthesia in a doctor's office?