It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What are the risk factors for anesthesia awareness?
- Q Will I be charged for anesthesia services?
- Q What should I avoid after anesthesia?
- Q What kind of anesthesia might my child get in the hospital?
- Q How is regional anesthesia different from local anesthesia?
- Q What type of anesthesia may be used during my labor and delivery?