It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
- Q How does local anesthesia work during labor and delivery?
- Q What is “milk of anesthesia”?
- Q What are the different kinds of anesthesia?
- Q What are risks of general anesthesia during labor?
- Q Is it safe to have anesthesia in a doctor's office?