It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What should I avoid after anesthesia?
- Q What is “milk of anesthesia”?
- Q What are the different kinds of anesthesia?
- Q What is informed consent for local anesthesia?
- Q What is procedural sedation or "twilight anesthesia"?
- Q What type of anesthesia may be used during my labor and delivery?