It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q What kind of anesthesia might my child get in the hospital?
- Q How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
- Q What is “milk of anesthesia”?
- Q What are the risk factors for anesthesia awareness?
- Q Who should monitor my recovery after anesthesia in a doctor's office?
- Q What is epidural anesthesia?