It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q Is it safe to have anesthesia in a doctor's office?
- Q What type of anesthesia may be used during my labor and delivery?
- Q What is local anesthesia?
- Q Is anesthesia dangerous for my child?
- Q How do anesthetics relieve wound pain?
- Q Who should monitor my recovery after anesthesia in a doctor's office?