It depends upon the type of anesthesia is administered. There may be prescribed pain medications that contribute to drowsiness. If you have general anesthesia, you should not drive, make major decisions or sign legal documents for the first 24 hours. It is not just the anesthesia, but the surgery, your health history, and surgical site that influence your recovery from anesthesia.
- Q How do anesthetics relieve wound pain?
- Q What is general, regional and local anesthesia?
- Q What are risks of general anesthesia during labor?
- Q What are the risks of spinal and epidural anesthesia?
- Q How safe is anesthesia for children?
- Q What is regional anesthesia?