Is it true that we don't manage pain very well?

Doctors and patients are becoming more knowledgeable about pain. But challenges like undertreatment, overtreatment and finding the appropriate treatment abound, explains Devi Nampiaparampil, MD, chief of pain management at Veterans Affairs.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Pain, The Opioid Epidemic and How Health Care Has to Improve
Opioid addiction is a national epidemic—and so is chronic pain. Could there be a relationship? 1.  In 2015, 2 million Americans had a substance use d...
What is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for pain management?
Cognitive behavioral therapy is now a common tool used in the arsenal of pain relief. Other helpful ...
I am having the same pain after surgery, should I see a new doctor?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Pain after surgery requires immediate evaluation. See your original surgeon and discuss findings and...
Hot and Cold Packs
Hot and Cold Packs