How is an x-ray used in interventional pain treatment?

Taking an X-ray enables the doctor to pinpoint exactly where to inject pain medication without making an incision. In this video, Devi Nampiaparampil, MD, chief of pain management at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, explains the procedure.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

How to Manage Pain With NSAIDs Safely
How to Manage Pain With NSAIDs Safely
Approximately 39 million Americans suffer from migraines and headaches. On top of that, 100 million Americans live with chronic pain, so it’s no surpr...
How do I get rid of the nagging pain in the back of my shoulder?
A quick exercise you can do to potentially help the symptom is to foam roll your shoulder. This ...
How is localized pain after a stroke treated?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Local pain after a stroke results from the unusual positioning of a joint due to muscle tightness or...
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?