How do trigger point injections treat pain?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
Trigger point injections are local anesthetic injections administered directly into sites of severe muscle pain and spasm that have not responded to other therapies. The hope is that when the affected area is numbed, the pain will subside and the spasm will decrease. Trigger point injections provide only temporary relief and have received mixed reviews. Trigger point injections should not be done at multiple sites.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Warning: Diclofenac Can Increase Risk of Heart Complications
Voltaren is a US brand name for a strong-armed NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) called diclofenac that’s recently been called out by Danis...
What are some over-the-counter remedies for knee pain?
Here area couple of things you can buy at the drugstore that might provide relief from knee pain:Cap...
How is botulinum toxin used to treat pain?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
Botulinum toxin functions as a therapeutic muscle-relaxing agent when it’s injected into the muscle ...
What Can I Use to Ease Sore Muscles and Joints?