How can tahini help reduce headaches and muscle pain?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Thanks to its magnesium content -- Mother Nature’s muscle relaxant -- tahini, a spread made from sesame seeds, combats muscle tension, making it perfect for addressing headaches and muscle pain. Did you know that most of us don’t get sufficient magnesium in our diet? It’s true, but tahini makes getting this key nutrient easy and delicious. Look for it where you find nut and seed butters, or make your own at home from sesame seeds. You can spread it on whole-grain toast or drizzle it over baked sweet potato fries to get the pain-preventing power of magnesium.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid addiction and overdose rates have reached epidemic levels, yet doctors still prescribe the drugs. Why? They work well to control pain, and in m...
Does TENS nerve stimulation help treat back pain?
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a technique in which electrode patches are...
What over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers can I give my child?
For babies 6 months of age or younger, parents should only give acetaminophen for pain relief. For a...
What Are the Risks of Using Opioid Pain Medication?