How are physical and aquatic therapy used to manage pain?

In physical and aquatic therapy, the physiatrist or physical therapist may suggest an exercise program tailored for you that will increase your daily functioning and decrease your pain. Other treatments may include whirlpool therapy, ultrasound and deep-muscle massage.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid Use for Chronic and Acute Pain
Opioid Use for Chronic and Acute Pain
People across the country who are dealing with serious acute and chronic pain issues are becoming increasingly alarmed and confused about whether thei...
I am having the same pain after surgery, should I see a new doctor?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Pain after surgery requires immediate evaluation. See your original surgeon and discuss findings and...
How does a pain clinic work?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
If you’ve exhausted all of the pain-relieving methods and are still suffering with chronic pain,...
What's an Inexpensive Treatment for Muscle Aches?