How long does it take for a spinal injection to work?

If you have had a spinal injection, it takes a few days, even a week or longer, for the steroid medicine to reduce inflammation and pain. Your doctor may want to follow-up with you in 1-3 weeks.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before You Take an Opioid
When Alice (in Wonderland) spied a little glass box, “she opened it and found in it a very small cake, on which the words EAT ME were beautifully mark...
If I'm overweight, can losing weight help relieve pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Being overweight significantly affects certain types of pain, especially arthritis pain. In this vid...
I have a sharp pain under my knee cap, what can I do to stop that?
Pain under the knee cap can be caused by many different things. What I see most commonly is people h...
How Does Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) Treat Pain?