How should I begin to exercise to relieve my neck and back pain?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
General exercises that improve conditioning and aerobic activity are helpful in relieving neck and back pain. Whether it is weight training, walking, or bicycling, exercise is an essential ingredient in every recovery program, and it may be the single best preventer of reoccurrences. Choose the activities you like best, alternate them to prevent boredom, and then start exercising. If you have a medical condition that prohibits vigorous exercise or activity, be sure to consult a physician before beginning any program. Always start slowly and gently, building up to a routine of thirty minutes per day. Most of all, remember why you are doing this. You are not entering a beauty pageant or an endurance or strength competition. Your goal is to slowly and comfortably heal your body.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid addiction and overdose rates have reached epidemic levels, yet doctors still prescribe the drugs. Why? They work well to control pain, and in m...
What lifestyle changes can help my chest pain?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
To help reduce your chest pain, live a healthy lifestyle by not smoking, and by losing weight if you...
How do medications treat central pain syndrome?
Because individuals with central pain syndrome suffer from various levels of pain in different parts...
Does Swearing Help People Tolerate Pain?