What exercises can I do in the water to relieve pain?

When you exercise in water, make sure the temperature is 83 to 88 degrees Fahrenheit, to help warm your muscles and joints and decrease pain. With water conditioning, you can do the following:

• walk or jog in place, using a belt or lifejacket to float without touching the bottom (I highly recommend this exercise as it’s easy to do and convenient, and it works to get you in shape without increasing pain or adding stress on your joints.)
• stretch
• swim laps at your own pace
• use a kickboard as a flotation device
• hold on to the side of the pool (or a stationary object) and kick your legs

Diet for a Pain-Free Life: A Revolutionary Plan to Lose Weight, Stop Pain, Sleep Better and Feel Great in 21 Days, ADA...sound nutritional advice...do-able, delicious..a godsend to pain sufferers.

Do you wake up each morning aching with joint or muscle pain? Have you been trying to lose stubborn belly fat for years? Do you wish you could be active without pain medications? Look no further:...

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid Use for Chronic and Acute Pain
Opioid Use for Chronic and Acute Pain
People across the country who are dealing with serious acute and chronic pain issues are becoming increasingly alarmed and confused about whether thei...
How long does it take for a spinal injection to work?
North American Spine Society (NASS)North American Spine Society (NASS)
If you have had a spinal injection, it takes a few days, even a week or longer, for the steroid medi...
How do I get rid of the nagging pain in the back of my shoulder?
A quick exercise you can do to potentially help the symptom is to foam roll your shoulder. This ...
Does Swearing Help People Tolerate Pain?