What would cause upper right quadrant pain?

There are many causes of right quadrant pain. The most common cause is gallbladder disease. Other causes would include liver disease, pancreatic problems or kidney problems. To determine the cause your doctor will take a history and perform a physical exam. At that point he will make recommendations for further testing to confirm his diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Pain

For the Best Pain Relief, Give Someone a Hug
Some days, all you need to feel better is a giant hug, and science agrees. Research scientists from the University of Colorado Boulder and the Univers...
Why should I report physical pain to my doctor if I am an older adult?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
As an older adult, it is vital that you tell your doctor if you are experiencing pain since it c...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Do I Identify Pre-Pain Symptoms to Avoid Chronic Pain?