What are the treatment options for physical pain?

Many treatment options are available for physical pain, and determining which is best is usually based on the cause of the pain. Oftentimes, the pain can be relieved by fixing the cause, as occurs when a dislocated joint is put back in place. Other physical pain relief options include medications, temporary disabling the nerve that is causing the pain, and non-medical things such as acupuncture and relaxation techniques.

Continue Learning about Pain

Exercise & Pain
Exercise & Pain
When you live with chronic musculoskeletal pain, exercising might be the last thing you feel like doing. But it pays to keep moving. Workouts encourag...
What is claudication?
SCAISCAI
Claudication, or intermittent claudication, is cramping in the leg or leg pain that occurs during ex...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?