What is the most common type of facial pain?

The most common type of facial pain is pain related to dental problems, such as an abscess in a tooth or a cavity. That pain is located on one side of the face in the jaw, is worse with eating and is worse with touching or manipulating a specific tooth. It's usually an aching pain, and many of us are familiar with this sort of pain. When you have that kind of pain, then a dental evaluation is obviously the first thing to do.

Continue Learning about Pain

For the Best Pain Relief, Give Someone a Hug
Some days, all you need to feel better is a giant hug, and science agrees. Research scientists from the University of Colorado Boulder and the Univers...
Is there any treatment for jaw numbness?
John Van der Werff, DDSJohn Van der Werff, DDS
Maybe... It depends upon what is causing it. If it is from an injury... maybe not. If it is from tig...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?