What should I do if I have pain in my eye?

Pain around the eye is not normal. While many of the causes of nonspecific pain around the eye may not be dangerous or harmful, a more serious condition could exist. It is important to seek an eye exam if you notice pain in or around an eye that does not resolve in a short period of time. Redness or blurred vision associated with the pain may be more suggestive of a problem requiring treatment, though these symptoms may not be present.

Continue Learning about Pain

Anxious? Neurotic? It May Affect How You Process Pain
Pain is your body’s way of informing you that something’s not quite right. It can be dull or throbbing, aching or tingling. It can be short-term (acut...
Can psychological factors determine how much pain I feel?
Although not very much acute pain is psychological in origin, psychology can have a large impact on ...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
What Are Some Effective Exercises for Chronic Back Pain?