What should I do if my child's pain is not controlled?

Many pain medications don't get rid of all the pain but can help reduce it to a more comfortable level. The goal is to find the most pain relief with the fewest side effects and risks. If the medication is not controlling your child's pain, tell your healthcare provider. The doctor may try to find another method of pain management or may ask for the advice of a pain specialist. If you feel your child's needs are not being met, you can ask for the opinion of another doctor.

Continue Learning about Pain

Getting Flexible for Drug-Free Pain Relief
Just how important is stretching? "Super important," says Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts. That's why flexibility exercises—like yoga, tai chi an...
How is a woman’s pain different from a man’s pain?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
Whether from migraines, menstrual cramps, or childbirth, women experience pain in ways that men ...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
What Natural Methods Can I Use to Reduce Pain?