What causes pain under my shoulder blade?

Pain under the shoulder blade can actually be coming from other areas of the body such as the; gall bladder, heart, aorta, fallopian tubes, abdominal organs, diaphragm, and lungs. It could also be from a rib or thoracic vertebrae that is restricted and not moving properly. Tight and aggravated muscles can also "refer" or send pain, numbness and tingling to other part of the body. This is often called a trigger point. An aggravated muscle could be sending pain to this area. See your physician if this symptom persists. As a massage therapist there are several muscles that I would work on to improve this situation provided that there were no medical conditions associated with it.

Continue Learning about Pain

Getting Flexible for Drug-Free Pain Relief
Just how important is stretching? "Super important," says Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts. That's why flexibility exercises—like yoga, tai chi an...
What will a doctor want to know about my acute pain?
Acute pain can be caused by a wide variety of conditions, some of which are inherently dangerous. If...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
Use a Foam Roller to Stretch Knotted Sore Muscles