What are common causes of pain in sick children?

Your sick child's pain can be caused by a number of things, including:
  • The condition she's being treated for
  • Injury
  • Bruising
  • Trauma
  • Stress or anxiety
  • A surgical cut
  • Muscle spasms or cramps
  • Tubes inserted into the body during or after the procedure
  • Muscle pain from lying in a certain position during the procedure, or from lying in bed for a long time afterward
  • Air or blood in the stomach or chest
  • Constipation and gas

Continue Learning about Pain

Getting Flexible for Drug-Free Pain Relief
Just how important is stretching? "Super important," says Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts. That's why flexibility exercises—like yoga, tai chi an...
What is chest pain?
Chest pain, a type of visceral pain, can result from a variety of different problems. Generally spea...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?