Functional problems of the body -- those in which muscles or joints do not move optimally, creating stress to the tissues -- often lead to structural diagnoses and pain. I believe the repeated stress from functional problems leads to physical changes in the body such as degenerative disks, arthritis, or disk bulges -- in other words, structural diagnoses. Structural diagnoses do not describe the roots of the pain but are instead symptoms the root problems create.
- Q Is central pain syndrome serious?
- Q When do symptoms of central pain syndrome usually first appear?
- Q How is central pain syndrome diagnosed?
- Q What will a doctor need to know to diagnose knee pain?
- Q What causes my side to hurt when I twist or stretch my arm?
- Q What are the symptoms of central pain syndrome?