Functional problems of the body -- those in which muscles or joints do not move optimally, creating stress to the tissues -- often lead to structural diagnoses and pain. I believe the repeated stress from functional problems leads to physical changes in the body such as degenerative disks, arthritis, or disk bulges -- in other words, structural diagnoses. Structural diagnoses do not describe the roots of the pain but are instead symptoms the root problems create.
- Q What should I do if I have pain or a mass in my testicle or scrotum?
- Q Who should have advanced diagnostic tests for neck and lower back pain?
- Q How are neck and lower back pain diagnosed?
- Q When do symptoms of central pain syndrome usually first appear?
- Q How is pain diagnosed?
- Q How will my pain specialist make a diagnosis?