Should I talk to my doctor about phantom limb pain?

Speaking with a doctor about phantom pain is important. Be honest with your doctor and describe symptoms accurately, and try to remember as much information as you can about your pre-amputation condition. Care for phantom limb pain encompasses a broad range of therapies including medication, nerve stimulation, psychological intervention, and physical therapy. If your pain is particularly severe, your doctor may refer you to a special center to deal with pain.

Continue Learning about Pain

Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Has this ever happened to you? After toiling away at the computer all day or sitting for hours in traffic, you go to stand up and pain shoots up your ...
How is the pain from central pain syndrome different than normal pain?
The pain caused by nerve damage is very different from the pain that most of us have experienced. Ce...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
What Natural Methods Can I Use to Reduce Pain?