Should I talk to my doctor about my physical pain?

When deciding if you should see your doctor about your physical pain, remember that physical pain can be caused by many things, including cancer, traumatic injuries, and blood vessel problems. Also, remember that certain conditions, including age and diabetes, sometimes interfere with the ability to feel pain and therefore might make an injury or illness seem less serious than it actually is. If your pain is new, doesn't go away, or is affecting your day-to-day life, you might decide to see your doctor for pain relief and exam.

Continue Learning about Pain

Getting Flexible for Drug-Free Pain Relief
Just how important is stretching? "Super important," says Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts. That's why flexibility exercises—like yoga, tai chi an...
How common is acute pain?
According to NIH statistics, more than a quarter of adults experience pain each month. (Ten percent ...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
How Do I Identify Pre-Pain Symptoms to Avoid Chronic Pain?