How many people have physical pain?

There are many causes of physical pain, and therefore, large numbers of people have it. It has been estimated that over one-quarter of the population of the United States ages 20 and older has experienced at least one day of pain each month, and that more than 10 out of every 100 people ages 20 and older have experienced physical pain lasting longer than one year. Most claims of job-related disability are related to chronic physical pain.

Continue Learning about Pain

Is Marijuana the Exit Drug Out of the Opioid Crisis?
As doctors, one of our primary responsibilities is to alleviate pain. Dr. Mike is an anesthesiologist and internist who, at the Cleveland Clinic, ran ...
Why should I report physical pain to my doctor if I am an older adult?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
As an older adult, it is vital that you tell your doctor if you are experiencing pain since it c...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?