What is the rate of incidence for phantom limb pain?

The incidence of phantom limb pain after surgery has been reported to be around 80 percent. Most people, however, find that their pain goes away over time, and it is less common for people to experience enduring phantom limb pain. Phantom limb sensation, which is a painless feeling that the limb is still present, is more common than phantom limb pain.

Continue Learning about Pain

He Feels, She Feels: How Pain Affects Men and Women Differently
Pain. It’s a fact of life. Burning, stabbing, throbbing, sharp, dull—these are some of the words people use to describe pain. But what exactly is pain...
How should I talk to my doctor about my pain?
The type of pain you experience can offer clues to its cause. Keep these factors in mind when descri...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
Can Certain Foods Alleviate Pain?
Can Certain Foods Alleviate Pain?