How should my child's pain be treated?

When your child is in pain, it's important to do everything possible to help. This includes both medical treatments, like giving medication, and nonmedical comforts, like playing soft music or holding her hand. You and your child's healthcare providers can work together to find the best pain management plan for your child.

Pain medications are designed to control the feelings of pain in all or part of your child's body. Especially at the beginning, most pain medications may control some or most of the pain, but not all of it. With time, medications should be able to control more of the pain. Your child may also be given medications to help control her fear and worry. Being able to relax will allow her body to focus more on healing physically.

Continue Learning about Pain

Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Has this ever happened to you? After toiling away at the computer all day or sitting for hours in traffic, you go to stand up and pain shoots up your ...
What are some heart-related causes of chest pain?
HCA Houston Healthcare PearlandHCA Houston Healthcare Pearland
Examples of heart-related causes of chest pain include: Heart attack - A heart attack is a result...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?