How can I ease my child’s elbow pain?

A simple ice bag for 20 minutes on the elbow will help lower the pain level. If you do not have an actual ice bag handy, you can use a bag of peas or corn and mold it around your child’s elbow. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Pain

Is Marijuana the Exit Drug Out of the Opioid Crisis?
As doctors, one of our primary responsibilities is to alleviate pain. Dr. Mike is an anesthesiologist and internist who, at the Cleveland Clinic, ran ...
What can cause pain in my elbow?
Pain in the elbow can be caused by a number of different mechanisms of injury or overuse syndromes. ...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?