How can I avoid phantom pain with my prosthesis?

People who have lost limbs often report pain in the missing limb. These pains are referred to as phantom pains and could be caused by an ill-fitting prosthesis. See a prosthetist to adjust the fit of your artificial limb. Sometimes phantom pain is caused by other issues such as a skin infection at the end of the stump. Take good care of the stump and talk to a doctor about all your treatment options for any pain.

Continue Learning about Pain

Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Has this ever happened to you? After toiling away at the computer all day or sitting for hours in traffic, you go to stand up and pain shoots up your ...
Could my facial pain be caused by something besides neuralgia?
Just because you are experiencing facial pain doesn't mean you are suffering from neuralgia. In fact...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
5 Keys to Make Healthy Changes
5 Keys to Make Healthy Changes