Is there a difference between physical pain in men and women?

Male and female sex hormones are believed to be one of the reasons that men and women experience physical pain differently. In general, females can tolerate less physical pain, but are affected by that pain for a shorter time. In humans, women are also more likely to seek treatment for physical pain and accept the necessary treatments to help deal with it.

Continue Learning about Pain

Anxious? Neurotic? It May Affect How You Process Pain
Pain is your body’s way of informing you that something’s not quite right. It can be dull or throbbing, aching or tingling. It can be short-term (acut...
What is the difference between good and bad muscle pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Quite often I need to educate my clients regarding "good" pain versus "bad" muscle pain. The discomf...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?