Why might people with diabetes feel less physical pain?

Human bodies must continuously keep the amount of sugar in their blood even. People with diabetes are unable to do this, and they often have more sugar in their blood than normal. These large amounts of sugar damage the nerves that sense pain. This causes the hands and feet of some people with diabetes to feel numb, tingly, or to lose all feeling.

Continue Learning about Pain

Is Marijuana the Exit Drug Out of the Opioid Crisis?
As doctors, one of our primary responsibilities is to alleviate pain. Dr. Mike is an anesthesiologist and internist who, at the Cleveland Clinic, ran ...
How does my body feel pain?
Dr. Harris H. McIlwain, MDDr. Harris H. McIlwain, MD
Your body has roughly twenty different nerve endings in the skin that tell you if something is hot, ...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
What Natural Methods Can I Use to Reduce Pain?