What causes my side to hurt when I twist or stretch my arm?

Everything is connected.  When you move your arm, the shoulder muscles are connected to the muscles of the back and ribs.  It is almost impossible to isolate one muscle group.  Therefore, when you move your arm, the back and rib muscle are affected and if there is an injury in the rib area, your side will hurt.

Continue Learning about Pain

Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Is That Little Pain Life Threatening?
Has this ever happened to you? After toiling away at the computer all day or sitting for hours in traffic, you go to stand up and pain shoots up your ...
What is the most common type of facial pain?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The most common type of facial pain is pain related to dental problems, such as an abscess in a toot...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
Use a Foam Roller to Stretch Knotted Sore Muscles