Can being in pain cause me to overeat?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Physical pain hurts, but did you know that it’s also one of the biggest triggers for overeating and making poor eating choices? That’s right, when we're in pain (think of anything higher than a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being feeling great and 10 being agony), we reach out for foods that will “make us feel better” emotionally (sugar, comfort foods, extra servings). What’s worse is that this actually contributes to more physical pain.

Continue Learning about Pain

5 Steps to Less Pain
5 Steps to Less Pain
Chronic pain comes in a variety of forms. Joint pain is a common one. If you suffer from stiff, achy joints, you're not alone. Twenty-seven million Am...
When should I see a doctor for shoulder pain?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You should see a doctor for shoulder pain if you experience a dramatic loss in motion or strength. F...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
What Natural Methods Can I Use to Reduce Pain?