Can pain be prevented?

Unfortunately, pain is a part of our everyday lives. There is no fool-proof way to completely avoid or prevent pain, and even if you could, you would not want to. Pain can be a good thing. It alerts us to problems within our bodies and stops us from doing serious harm to ourselves.

Continue Learning about Pain

Getting Flexible for Drug-Free Pain Relief
Just how important is stretching? "Super important," says Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts. That's why flexibility exercises—like yoga, tai chi an...
What is the gate control theory of pain?
Lawrence S. Friedman, MDLawrence S. Friedman, MD
Have you ever noticed that when you have stomach pain for example you feel it less when you're doing...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Do I Identify Pre-Pain Symptoms to Avoid Chronic Pain?