Can central pain syndrome be prevented?

Because central pain syndrome results from damage to the central nervous system due to illness or injury, it is difficult to prevent. While we can try to avoid injury, it is not always possible. Moreover, illnesses that can lead to central pain syndrome, such as multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, certain cancers, strokes, and Parkinson's disease, are sometimes hereditary and nearly impossible to prevent.

Continue Learning about Pain

Reduce the Risk of Accidental Pain Medication Overdose
Last October the chronically injured former NFL safety Tyler Sash died from an accidental overdose after mixing two powerful pain medications. Unfortu...
Why does my hip hurt?
Brian YeeBrian Yee
There are many reasons why hips can hurt. If significant arhtritis has been ruled out, then usually ...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?