What increases my risk for psychogenic pain?

People who are experience emotional or mental issues in their life may suffer psychogenic pain--pain that either has no apparent cause, or is more severe than would be expected from their condition. Other people may experience chronic pain due to a physical injury or disorder, and the fear of the recurring pain may lead to an experience of pain when there is nothing to cause it.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
When is surgery the best option for joint pain?
When it comes to joint injuries, healing with steel is not the first choice. The major benefit of su...
How do other illnesses affect central pain syndrome?
Central pain syndrome is not a condition without cause. It is the result of an illness or injury tha...
What is the prognosis for arachnoiditis?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Arachnoiditis appears to be a disorder that causes chronic pain and neurological deficits and does n...