What can happen if psychogenic pain is not treated?

Untreated psychogenic pain can affect a person's quality of life. People may experience chronic fatigue, sleep disruptions or insomnia, and memory issues. In extreme cases, people may have problems with drugs or alcohol when they do not get help for their psychogenic pain.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

What is rebound tenderness?
Christina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DOChristina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DO
Rebound tenderness (also called the Blumberg Sign) is a nonspecific clinical sign that a doctor may ...
How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
How is inflammation of the pudendal nerve treated?
Juan P. Villablanca, MDJuan P. Villablanca, MD
Inflammation of the pudendal nerve (a main nerve in the pelvis) can be treated with an injection of ...
How common is central pain syndrome?
It's hard to say how common central pain syndrome is because it's difficult to diagnose and can be c...